Thursday, September 27, 2012

REVIEW: ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

Yay to me for another review! Another item to cross out on my "To Blog List"!!:) Anyhoo, I bought this product mid August, I am controlling myself not to use it first because I need to do some product shoot first. But as always, I can't fight it! I gave up so quick! HAHA!! I've read a lot of reviews about this product and seen a lot of tutorials using this a year ago. It's just last month that I decided to get myself one. As what others says, this product is a dupe for the famous NARS Orgasm and Laguna Blush Duo (hope that's correct). Well, I really can't tell because I don't own the product to compare with. So here's what I have to say about Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder.

Let's talk about the Blush first. 
It is a peachy color with a slight touch of pink with loads of tiny gold shimmer on it. I'm not really a fan of glittery blush, but I think this blush will not give you a glittery face but a glowing face when blended really well. Just make sure to tap the excess product before applying. This is also good as a highlighter, if I may add. For me it is not so pigmented though buildable for 2-3 swipes. Personally, the blush part is really hard for me to wear, maybe of my skin tone. Though I can recommend this to ladies with fair skin and will surely give a beautiful glow on their cheeks. If ever I wan't to use the blush part, I combined it with the bronzer. To give a little bit of color to show on my face.

 Lets move to the Bronzer part.
The bronzer is a brownish color with a hint of gold shimmer. I can say that this Bronzer really suits me! I love how it works whenever I contour my face. (I love contouring, if you don't know!) Compare to the blush part, the bronzer is really pigmented! It is easy to apply and blendable too!:) Since the product is pigmented, be sure to tap excess product and make sure to apply the product on your face with a light hand. Did you noticed the glittery thing on the pan? if you worry of having a glittery face, worry no more! Because when applied, you can't hardly see on the face. Kinda look like a smooth finish after blending the product really well.

 Swiped some products on my fingers.

Swatched it at the back of my hand!:)
(I told you, you can't hardly see the glitters, right?)

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
-Affordable at 249.75PHP.
-2 Shades in one package
-Sturdy and "sosyal" looking packaging
-The Bronzer is pigmented
-The product is easy to blend
-I love the big mirror!
(I really like products that comes with a mirror!)

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
-The blush part, I seldom use it because It does not match my skin tone.
-I think the powder is not well pressed on the pan, that's why whenever I swipe my brush, I actually get more product than what I needed. Though it's not chalky at all.
(Make sure to tap the excess before applying, ok?)

If you ask me will I repurchase this again, my answer would be no. It's not that I don't like the product, but since It's just the bronzer that really works on me, I can use some of my bronzers for contouring and maybe try another blush that will suit my skin tone. But I will definitely recommend this product to those who's always looking for affordable product to try with. Especially to those with much fairer skin than I do, I bet you will love how the blush will work on you!:) Of course the bronzer too!:)

Have you tried this product? If not, will you give it a shot?:)

Thanks for reading!:) Keep safe and God Bless!:)

Love Lots,
Mitchie

4 comments:

  1. I have this too sis and I love it..although I seldom use the blush din..pero I love the bronzer kasi..hehe..^_~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to buy that product but every time I visit ELF, I always think if i'd really be able to use the blush. I just wanted the contour powder. Thanks for the review! :)

    -iya
    http://iyaboto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Iya!:) If you have lots of bronzer already, maybe you should skip this one if you think you don't like the blush part!:) But I do love the bronzer in all fairness!:) Thanks for dropping by!:)

      Delete

Drop some love!:)