Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reviving My Broken Havaianas Flip Flops

Hiyee!:) Almost all of us loves Havaianas! It's comfortable to wear though it is quite pricey for a flip flop . Before, I always tell my friends that I will never buy this kind of slippers because it is so expensive. But I did! Haha! The last pair of Havaianas that I bought was last March 2010, by the month of May it's already broken!:( From then on, I have no intentions of buying again. Look how it looks like:(


I just wanna share something I did today about fixing my old Havaianas slippers. While having lunch, something pop up in my mind. Right after eating, I searched for my broken flip flops. I have an idea on how to repair it and make it useable again. (Actually my mom's idea too:p)

All you need are the following materials:


A pair of scissors, ribbon, needle with thread for sewing and a good quality glue. You can also use rugby or mighty bond. Here, I used a fabric glue. :)


All you have to do is
1. Glue the ribbon on the middle part of the strap up to the very end for anchoring. Be sure to use a good quality glue.



2. Insert the ribbon on the hole then glue the tip inside the hole. Let it dry.



3. Get the button which is the same size of the hole at the back of your slippers. You have to secure it by sewing the button to the ribbon close to the hole. Make sure it is well anchored and at the right place.



4. Glue the button inside the hole. Cut the ribbon leaving a small portion then glue it at the back of your slippers. Let it dry.



See how it looks like after. YAY!


You can now use it!!:) Actually, I am wearing it now while doing this blog. I prefer to use it just at home or for some errands around the neighborhood. I think I did well on reviving my Havaianas. Hahaha!! I hope this helps, especially to those who can't let go of their favorite flip flops. Good luck if you want to try this too!:) Share me your experience about it. Let me know the result!:)





6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing how to repair a broken havaianas flip flops! My flip flop condition was similar to yours. Now I know how to repair it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Let me know the result!:)

      Delete
    2. Hi mithiekyuti if you know to repair my havaianas sandals it brokes my strap in the right side. I hope you can help me. Thanks

      Delete
    3. Hi mithiekyuti if you know to repair my havaianas sandals it brokes my strap in the right side. I hope you can help me. Thanks

      Delete
  2. very helpful, i have 3 broken pairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you walk do you feel the button?

    ReplyDelete

Drop some love!:)