Monday, April 30, 2012

ALARMED! My puppy throw up!:(

Hi everyone!:) I promised on my last post that I will continue my blogging marathon for my overdue posts Sunday night, but something came up last night. Sunday morning, I woke up around 8:30am because I need to attend to my baby puppy who needs a walk for him to do his morning rituals. So after that, I prepared his breakfast which is milk and wait for him to finish and go back to sleep. Thank goodness after a few minutes, he's already asleep. As you all know I go to bed past 4am, almost 5am actually. I'm a little groggy and decided to take a nap while my baby puppy is sleeping. I woke up around 10:30am, did some household chores and cook lunch. I gave my baby puppy and my 2 cats their lunch and do some stuffs. Everything is fine not until that night where in my puppy just ate a little of his food and after a few minutes he throw up! I panicked! Checked if he's okay, if he's responsive and stuff. I remember my dad giving a spoon of sugar to our dogs way back then whenever they throw up just in case they are poisoned. So I did the same thing. Since my parents are currently not here in Manila. I need to do it on my own with support of my kuya. I'm really nervous and really don't know what to do. After giving him sugar, I asked my kuya to look after my puppy while I'm searching the net for home remedies and things that I need to know and do. Again, my puppy throw up while he is on my kuya's lap. I also checked his body temperature and it's 39.4 degrees Celsius. According to what I have read, normal body temperature of a puppy is 38-39.2!:( If only I could bring him to the doctor that time! So watched over him almost the entire night! He throw up again after 30minutes of his 2nd throw up!:( If only I could fast forward the time at 8am so that I can bring him to a vet!:( If only.. :( Everything went well around 4am onward.

This morning we went to see a veterinarian for his check-up.According to the vet, my puppy's temperature last night was normal. Up to 39.5 is normal! Thank God!:) The vet  injected 2 medications, vitamins and antibiotic. He also prescribed medication to be administered twice a day for a week. My puppy is getting better now I must say. He's already playing around but most of the time he's sleeping and his appetite is back!:) Hope he'll get better super soon!

If you are a pet owner, you exactly know what I experienced! I've been a pet lover since I was a kid and it breaks my heart seeing my pet sick!

Let's love them and give them all the tender loving care we can give!:)

That's it for now loves! Have a great week ahead!:)

Love Lots,
Mitchie

5 comments:

  1. what happen then to your baby love? na heat stroke? I dont own kasi a puppy..hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jonna! He vomits 3x last night and super tamlay even if I'm calling his name, nakahiga pa din. Which is so unusual!:( Thank you for asking!:)

      Delete
  2. I would be really worried about my puppy too if he was sick :/ I hope your baby gets better soon and nothing bad happens n-n

    http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe!:) He's getting better now. He's been running around the house and playing with his ball!:) But I still need to administer his medication and observe.. I hope he gets better soon too! Very soon!:) XOXO

      Delete
  3. Aw I am sorry to read about your puppy. I found your blog, and I like it!

    www.iampiscesw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop some love!:)